Shreveport Roofing Company
Quality Exteriors Roofing is a locally owned and operated roofing company that has provided top-notch roofing services in Shreveport, LA, and the surrounding communities for more than 35 years. We’ve built a reputation on our name, “Quality.” And quality, plus integrity and trust, is what we provide to each roofing customer.
In terms of value, your roof is one of your most significant assets. As such, the Quality Exteriors team believes every client deserves the best in customer service, materials, and craftsmanship for every Shreveport roofing job!
Licensed and Insured Roofing Contractors in Shreveport, LA
Quality Exteriors Roofing repairs and installs roofing that withstands the elements, keeping your family or customers safe and secure. It is our mission to be your first choice when you need a Shreveport roofing contractor.
At QEI, we specialize in:
- roof replacements and installation,
- roof maintenance,
- siding installation and siding repair,
- window installation and window replacement.
Please call us at (318) 747-1254 for all your residential and commercial roofing needs.
Shreveport Roof Repair Contractor
Quality Exteriors realizes that not every client needs a complete roof replacement. That’s why our company welcomes jobs that are small or large. We regularly complete minor repairs for residential and commercial customers at a reasonable cost.
Whether you require minor repairs for missing shingles or a roof leak, or you need a new roof installation, our Shreveport/Bossier roof repair pros have the expertise and qualifications to do the job right.
Shreveport Roof Maintenance Company
During roofing maintenance appointments, our contractors check areas likely to have issues. The type of roof on your building and whether the property is residential or commercial determines maintenance frequency (quarterly, biannual, or annual).
Specific tasks performed during a roofing maintenance include:
- Looking for loose flashings or caulk
- Removing debris from the gutters, roof, and valleys
- Checking for worn or cracked pipe boots
- Inspecting for animal intrusion
- Checking for blockages in ridge vents
- Ensuring turbines and fans function properly
- Completing any minor roof repair
- Ensuring a chimney technician checks your chimney’s condition
Keeping up with roofing maintenance is a critical task that protects your roof’s long-term condition. Don’t skip this chore, even if your roof is young. Regular inspections locate potential problems and increase your roof’s life.
Roof Installation Shreveport
The Shreveport roofing contractors at Quality Exteriors are the best choice when you need a new roof installation. We’re a locally owned and operated company that knows how to asses any situation with your roof.
When you call a Shreveport roofing contractor from QEI for a roofing estimate, we’ll step in and offer a number of services. When you find out that you have roof damage, here’s how a professional roofing contractor at QEI will handle it:
Our Shreveport roofing company will inspect the roof to ensure that we understand exactly what happened to your roof, how we plan to complete the construction, and how long a roof installation would take in the Shreveport area.
If you want to replace your roof, you’ll get a fair estimate from our top roofing contractors. We’ll explain how the roofing estimate includes all of the roofing repairs necessary. We will also help you. to understand your roofing needs and why we’ve written your roofing estimate in this manner.
Quick Roof Replacement Services
We may opt for a quick roof replacement so that you can have your roof repaired as soon as possible. If you choose to go this route, you’ll want to keep the estimate from our roofing team, as a major roof replacement may need to be done in the future.
Shreveport Roof Companies FAQ
What Are Common Signs a Roof Needs to be Replaced?
All roofs have a lifespan; eventually, even the highest quality roof needs a replacement. Having an aging or damaged roof increases the need for a replacement. You may need a new roof if you have:
- Cracked shingles
- Curling shingles
- Sagging roof
- Leaking roof
- Loose granules
- Moss or algae on shingles
- Spongy roof
- Water stains in your attic or building
Please get in touch with Quality Exteriors if you notice any of these warning signs. We’ll send over one of our roofing experts to evaluate your roof’s condition. They’ll provide a free estimate with recommendations on the best options to return your roof to peak condition.
How Long Does a Roof Last?
Roofs protect your family and your home against the ever-changing Shreveport weather. Such a critical building component requires professional service and maintenance to ensure it maximizes its service life. A roof’s service life is the amount of time it should provide peak protection.
A properly installed and maintained roof should last between 15 and 50 years, depending on the type of roof and materials used.
However, those aren’t the only considerations that impact how long a roof provides maximum protection.
Which Factors Impact a Roof’s Average Lifespan?
A new roof is a significant purchase, and quality roofing doesn’t come cheap. Whenever you spend that kind of money, it is important to know all the factors that impact a roof’s average lifespan. Knowing this information ensures an informed decision for a wise investment.
- Color of Materials-The color of your roof’s shingles often affects its longevity. Dark products absorb the sun’s heat, so professionals often recommend lighter materials in sunny climates such as Shreveport. Overheated shingles are vulnerable to increased wear and tear.
- Elements-Shreveport is known for its scorching summers, frequent rainstorms, tornadoes, snow/ice, and occasional hurricanes. Splits and cracks may occur on shingles when temperatures range quickly from hot to cold. In addition, strong winds, tornadoes, hurricanes, and hail damage can cause extensive damage. Such severe weather conditions strip protective granules from shingles, punch divots in roofs, and accumulate moisture that contributes to mold growth and leaks.
- Maintenance-Regular maintenance extends your roof’s lifespan and quickly addresses minor issues. During annual inspections, your roofing contractor notes any warning signs that indicate a need for repairs or roof replacement. Quality Exteriors recommends yearly evaluations to identify and avoid costly roofing issues.
- Roof Slope-A roof’s incline, or downward pitch, increases water drainage. Due to water accumulation, a poorly sloped roof may require frequent roofing repairs or replacement.
- Type of Materials-The materials used for your roof and their durability significantly impact a roof’s lifespan.
- Quality of Materials-Every type of roofing material is available in a low and high-quality version. While lower-quality materials may be more affordable in the short term, they typically require more repairs and have a shorter lifespan.
- Underlayment -A roof’s underlayment adds a layer of waterproofing protection, shielding exposed areas if the exterior roof is damaged.
- Ventilation-Appropriate ventilation is another key factor that increases a roof’s life expectancy. Roofing materials are less likely to crack when a roof maintains a steady temperature.
- Roof Installer-When looking for roofing contractors in Shreveport, LA, it is vital that you review their insurance and liability coverage, qualifications, and customer reviews or testimonials.
Quality Exteriors only hires the area’s top roofing contractors, so our customers know they’re getting expert services and quality work on their home project. The roofing experts at Quality Exteriors have the experience and know-how to complete any roofing Shreveport project, large or small.
What is the Life Expectancy for the Types of Roofs You Install in Shreveport?
As previously mentioned, the average roof lasts between 15 and 50 years. Roofs made of higher quality, durable materials last the longest. Luckily, there are multiple options available for residential and commercial clients to consider.
Standard Materials for Residential Roofs
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs-Although asphalt shingles are a budget-friendly choice, they have the shortest lifespan. They are manufactured from less durable materials and have low wind resistance. Asphalt shingles last 15 to 20 years.
- Wood Shingle Roofs-Wood shingle roofs typically contain cedar, pine, or spruce. A wood roof may last as long as 30 years; however, the wood needs regular upkeep. And just like any other wood product, it is vulnerable to fires, mold, mildew, and termite infestation.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingle Roofs-Architectural asphalt shingles last 30 to 50 years. They are made of thicker, more durable materials and come in various colors.
- Composite Shingle Roofs-Composite shingles are made from plastic, polymer, or rubber and mimic the look of slate or wood tiles. These shingles last 40 to 50 years and come in multiple hues.
- Metal Roofs-The lifespan and price of a metal roof depend on the metal’s thickness. A thinner metal roof provides 20 to 25 years of protection, while a thicker material lasts more than 50 years.
- Clay or Concrete Tiles-This type of shingle reflects sunlight and withstands high temperatures. It is a striking style popular in the Southwest on Spanish-style homes. Clay or concrete tiles last 50 years or longer.
- Ceramic and Slate Tile Roofs-Tile roofs enjoy one of the longest lifespans. They average a minimum of 50 years but may last almost 100 years. The slate’s quarry location plays a significant role in its longevity.
Common Materials for Commercial Roofs
- Modified Bitumen-An asphalt-based material, modified bitumen roofing lasts an average of 12 to 20 years.
- TPO-Thermoplastic Polyolefin, or TPO, is a single-ply roofing option that lasts 15 to 20 years.
- PVC-PVC provides the most energy efficiency because it is UV resistant and reflects the sun. This material is used on flat roofs and has a lifespan of 20 years or more.
- EPDM-EPDM roofs utilize a synthetic rubber material that lasts 25 to 30+ years if properly maintained.
- Spray Foam-A spray foam roof’s lifespan depends on the thickness of the foam and coating. Spray foam roofs should last more than 50 years if well-maintained with regular coating reapplications.
Hire a Professional Roofing Contractor in Shreveport, LA
Quality Exteriors is the best choice when you’re looking for high-quality southern roofing services in north Louisiana. Our expert contractors treat every roofing project as a priority. Whether you are footing the bill or your insurance company is paying for your roof repair or installation, our economical solutions mean our customers can afford the roof they need.
Our licensed and insured company provides 24/7 emergency roof repairs, roof replacements and maintenance, siding installation and repair, and window installation and replacement. Our professional roof pros gladly lend a hand to residents and business owners in Shreveport, Bossier City, South Louisiana, Bryant, AR, and Texas.
Please contact us at (318) 747-1254 for all your roofing needs. We are happy to serve you!