Do you know how much seamless gutters cost?
Many homeowners choose seamless gutters because of their value and the protection they provide to a home. Homeowners often consider seamless gutters to be more attractive, and the lack of seams decreases the threat of leaks.
But it’s important for homeowners to note that these non-traditional gutters come with a bigger price tag than their counterparts. In this post, our Shreveport Bossier roofing contractors will answer all your questions about how much seamless gutters cost.
What Are Seamless Gutters?
Before we get into how much seamless gutters cost, let’s talk about the seamless gutters themselves. What are they? What are the advantages? How are they different than regular gutters?
First of all, traditional sectional gutters have multiple seams. If you look at a piece of a traditional gutter, you’ll notice the pieces of the metal gutters fitting together.
Seamless gutters are, obviously, gutters without seams. Instead of coming in sections, these gutters come in one solid piece of metal. You can get seamless gutters in aluminum, vinyl, copper, and steel.
What Are The Benefits of Seamless Gutters?
Vinyl gutters are usually the most economical choice initially, but that’s where their benefits end. Seamless gutters boast a variety of benefits. A few of these benefits are:
- Not as much maintenance is needed. Because there are no gaps in the gutters, you don’t have to worry about as much debris getting caught in your gutters. This translates to fewer clogs and less cleaning.
- More options for materials and colors. Seamless gutters have more options for materials and colors. This allows you to pick what goes best with the aesthetic of your home.
- Seamless gutters are easier to install. One of the most time-consuming parts of installing cutters is cutting the sections and fitting them together. With seamless gutters, the manufacturers create the gutters to the dimensions of your roof. There are no puzzle pieces to fit together, making for a very easy installation.
- Overall less costly. As we mentioned, seamless gutters cost more than traditional gutters. But when you think about how much you save in maintenance and repair over the years, you’ll be shelling out less money over time.
- More aesthetically pleasing. Seamless gutters look more appealing. Without the gaps in the sections and all of the fasteners that connect the different pieces of gutter, the gutters will have a more streamlined and sophisticated appearance.
How Much Do Seamless Gutters Cost in Bossier?
When it comes to how much seamless gutters cost, it depends heavily on the material of the gutters. Here, we’ll talk about three of the most popular kinds of seamless gutters.
First of all, aluminum offers the best combination of cost and durability. This makes it the most popular choice at $6.50 to $13.50 per linear foot. This includes downspouts, brackets, and end caps.
Copper is also a popular choice. It’s the upscale choice at $20 to $30 per linear foot. When you choose copper gutters, there’s also usually the cost of polishing it, unless you prefer a natural copper patina.
Coated steel is often a budget choice for the seamless gutter. The cost of coated steel seamless gutters comes in at $5.85 to $10.15 per linear foot.
Seamless Gutters For a 2,000 Sq Ft House: Average Cost Scenario
When you are installing seamless gutters on your home, the type of home matters just as much as the square footage of your home.
We’ve configured a 2,000-square-foot home in three different ways to show how it affects the linear feet of seamless gutters. The first home is a 36’x56’ ranch, the second is a 25’x40’ saltbox two-story, and the third home is a bi-level.
Even though the square footage of the homes is the same, the different types of homes change the linear feet of the gutters.
Given this scenario, the cost for seamless gutters for the 2,000 sq ft house is as follows:
- The ranch requires 206 linear feet of gutter.
- The bi-level home requires 146 feet of gutter.
- The two-story home requires the least amount of gutter at 132 feet.
Seamless Gutters Cost Factors
There are several factors that affect the cost of your gutters. Some of these cost factors are:
- Removing Old Gutters: The costs to remove old gutters can range from 50 cents to $1.15 per linear foot. This cost may also represent potential savings if you’re handy enough to remove your old gutters yourself.
- Gutter Style: Most seamless gutter companies use K-style gutters. Some companies also call these gutters ogee-style gutters. Different costs for different companies may be due to using different types of gutters. Some companies also offer a budget-priced half-round gutter. However, this type of gutter carries less water and fills up with debris more quickly. Most homeowners believe that half-round gutters look dated.
- Gutter Width: Standard gutter width is 5”, but 6” is available. If you live in an area that experiences heavy downpours, you should get 6” gutters.
- Gable or Hip Roof: Homes with hip roofs have gutters on all four sides. The guttering costs are going to be higher for hip roofs than similarly-sized homes with gable roofs.
- Home Size: The type of home does affect the amount of linear feet, but the home size also has a significant effect. Obviously, the bigger your home, the more linear feet of gutter you need.
- Home Style: We already talked about how the home style affects the cost of the seamless gutters. As we mentioned, a 2000-square-foot ranch will have more gutters than a 2000-square-foot split-level or two-story.
- Home Complexity: Factors that increase home complexity, and therefore time/labor, include more than four corners on the house, a porch with gutters, and a multi-level design.
- Premium Colors: Dark colors often cost more because the manufacturers have to use more pigment to obtain the correct tone.
- Time of Year: Spring is the busy season for gutter companies. You may get more deals and discounts in the off-season.
- Where You Live: The cost of living affects how much seamless gutters cost by up to 25%.
Contact Quality Exteriors
Quality Exteriors is a roofing company that serves the Shreveport-Bossier area. For more information about how much seamless gutters cost, call Quality Exteriors at 318-747-1254. You can also leave us a message on our website for a free home or business inspection.